1. Preheat the waffle maker to desired setting (if applicable) –– we set ours to medium-high heat.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cacao powder, baking powder, baking soda, espresso, and sea salt. Create a well in the middle of the dry ingredients.
3. To the well, add Califia Farms Cold Brew Coffee, Original Oatmilk, coconut oil, vanilla, and agave and stir together well (using a rubber spatula) until fully incorporated and batter looks smooth.
4. Let the batter sit for 2-3 minutes. It will slightly thicken and rise. When the 3 minutes are complete, the batter should be pourable but not “runny”. It should slightly stick when a whisk is lifted, as a test.
5. Next, spoon batter into your waffle maker (about 1/2 cup) and cook according to your waffle iron’s instructions.
6. Once each waffle completes, add to a baking sheet and place them in the oven on the lowest setting (to keep them warm). Repeat until all waffles are made.
7. To serve, stack waffles and top with fresh berries and drizzled maple syrup, if desired. Enjoy!